Sunday 10 July 2016

A night at the Guinness Open Gate

Had a fantastic nights in the Guinness Open Gate Brewery Friday night! Myself and another beer fan (@vinylhops on Twitter) were treated to a wonderfully informative run through of all the specials that were available. 



 
Personal highlights were Tropical IPA, botanical ale and the Antwerpen export! If I had to choose a favourite it would prob be the latter. Big malty number with lots of chocolate aroma and flavour as well as coffee bitterness! I really enjoyed the Brewers project and look forward to more releases soon but I feel so far the best is kept inside the open gate. There are plans to release a lot more of these soon in pubs across Dublin and Belfast! I really hope they choose to bottle some of better ones also. If you're a beer fan, it's a great way to spend a Thursday or Friday evening. Plans are being made to extend these opening hours into the weeknd and also to create a nice beer garden in the opening courtyard as you walk in.


 

 It's a great set up and sitting in the middle of a working brewery tasting some fine beer (with delicious snacks to accompany) makes the evening even more special. I told Domhnall (our friendly guide) I would be back with my father soon! Then my wife! It really is something everyone can enjoy, not just Guinness drinkers. Well done guys I was very impressed.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment